Wednesday, August 24, 2011

You, Sir, Are No Cowboy...

Cowboys are proper southern gentlemen. They have manners because young southern boys are raised right by their mamas. A cowboy may be "rough and ready" but he is also polite, well-mannered, and respectful, especially of women. So a true cowboy, having been raised properly, would know the proper thing to do upon entering a building when wearing his cowboy hat. The proper thing, of course, would be to remove it, especially if he is entering a building in which he plans to sit down in and eat.

Am I right here? Does anyone agree or disagree or have anything else to add?

With that said, we can now move on to the point of my story...

We went out to eat this evening at China Buffet. A man entered the restaurant, went to fill his plate, sat down and proceeded to eat, not once bothering to remove his cowboy hat. As a female, I can say that was just wrong, rude. As a southern girl (somewhat), I can say that was an affront to my femininity, just simply rude toward all the restaurant patrons, and not to mention disrespectful to his mother IF she raised him to be a gentleman in the first place.

This may seem silly to some of you. Some of you may be thinking "Its just a hat, get over it!" Well, I may not be a southern belle, but I DO count myself as a southern girl. It may just be an opinion, but its MY opinion, and I feel that by wearing the cowboy hat when he obviously wasn't really a cowboy gentleman is disrespectful to all those rough and ready, cowboy hat and boot wearing, southern twang talkin good ole boys.

If any of you guys are true southern guys raised right by your mama or if any of you girls have a spot in your heart for those real southern guys, you'll get what I'm talking about....

Feel free to comment...

Anonimously Yours, Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment